...how about to:
- Get out of the house and meet people.
- Help you to help your children.
- Become more confident.
- Improve skills.
- Improve your job prospects.
- Relieve boredom.
- Follow an interest.
- Prove to yourself (or someone else) that you can do it!
And it’s fun!
You don’t need qualifications – start at a level that suits you.
There are all sorts of things to learn about – take your pick!
Some courses lead to qualifications that will help you get into or get on at work.
Others will let you find out about something that interests you or just help you enjoy life more.
To find out more, take a look at our Guide to Qualifications
English and maths
Do you need to brush up on your reading, writing, spelling or maths?
Don’t worry – you are not alone. Join other people just like you, improve your maths and English skills – and you could get a qualification, if you want to.
- Classes run at Kirklees College and in the community.
- You can study part-time, at times to suit you.
- If English is not your first language, you can get help to speak, read and write it, too.
Print off our Adult Learning Leaflet - it briefly explains why adults should learn, what they can learn, where to get information and advice and more. It also contains basic details about local course providers (958kb PDF)
More detail our maths and English section