Help with learning costs
You may qualify for help from the Discretionary Support Funds . You need to be:
- 19 or over.
- Don't have a Level 2 qualification
To find out more visit GOV.UK - discretionary support funds
For other information on help for adult learners visit GOV.UK - 24+ Advanced Learning Loans
Priority Passport holders are eligible for discounts on certain part-time courses at colleges and adult education centres throughout Kirklees, as well as a range of other discounts.
• a small charge may be made towards the use of college facilities.
• does not include examination fees.
• may be subject to change.
For details please contact Kirklees College on 01484 437070
Who can get a Priority Passport?
This available Priority Passport to Kirklees residents, who receive or who are directly dependent on someone who receives one or more of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Jobseeker's Allowance (income-based)
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (not Savings Credit)
- Council Tax Benefit
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit with Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit which includes a disability element
- Child Tax Credit Only
Note: your Tax Credit award must be based on annual earnings which entitle you to full NHS exemption.
Find out about a National Careers Service Account?
A Learning Account can provide you with access to a range of information and advice on courses, careers and financial support in a single, easily accessible online account